INSPIRING WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After a great time and a successful clinic at KMEA, I went to Lassiter HS in Marietta, GA for their Symphonic Band Camp that they have had for 24 years. Dr. Alfred Watkins is the director of bands there, and I knew of them from their BOA grand national championship bands in the past... but I had NO IDEA how truly amazing this program really is. I was absolutely blown away. Within 3 weeks, these kids worked up, and played the crap out of the Hindemith Symphony in Bb... all of it. Not just good for a HS group... on ANY level. It was truly amazing. It was truly an honor and blessing to be a part of this camp, and I am looking forward to going back to play with the group. Alfred is now a life-long friend and I am so blessed to have opportunities such as these in my young career. So, to Alfred Watkins and the Lassiter HS Band family, THANK YOU for an INCREDIBLE weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts