Update...

Sorry... it's been a while!  LOTS has happened.  Where to start...

Auditions:  I was selected as a finalist for the West Point Band euphonium vacancy, but could not attend because I didn't pass the weight requirement.  I was pretty bummed out about this because that was my "dream job" for so many reasons... oh well, not in God's plan.  I accepted that and moved on, as there was an opening in the Air Force Band nearly exactly one month later.  I was selected to be invited to the live round on Tuesday, May 1.  Layne Todd (former student of mine) and myself made the drive to Washington, DC.  After advancing through three rounds to the finals, I was offered "runner-up".  While disappointing, again, it's not in God's plan for me.  Financially, it would have been great for me... but I love what I do as it is now, and I'm okay with that.  I'll keep refining my euphonium playing, keep getting myself in better shape physically, and go on... Hopefully I'll have more opportunities in the future.  I'm in the process of changing my playing from a "British-style" to an "American-style" of euphonium playing.  It has been enlightening, and difficult at the same time.  Old habits are difficult to change!!  I'll post another topic soon on the "transition"....

Comments

Popular Posts